Lodging: There is a block of rooms reserved at the Ramada for a discounted rate of $73.00. Please call the hotel directly at (814) 238-3001 and use the Group Code: NRCS19.
September 24th is open to all interested natural resource professionals. This session will:
- Provide information on the current and anticipated effects of climate change on Pennsylvania and its forests
- Describe resources and tools that can be used to integrate climate change into management
- Outline adaptation concepts and strategies in the context of sustainable forest management
- Identify actions that enhance the ability of forests and other ecosystems to adapt to changing conditions
- Highlight real-world examples of adaptation projects and engage in a variety of interactive activities to identify climate change issues and potential adaptation actions.
September 25th is an active, hands-on training for a limited number of participants that are considering climate change in their own real-world projects using the Adaptation Workbook.
Note: We have applied for Continuing Forestry Education credits for both days.
Patricia Leopold, Northern Institute of Applied Climate Science
Stacey Clark, USDA Climate Hubs, Northern Institute of Applied Climate Science
Peter Hoagland, Natural Resources Conservation Service
Allyson Muth, Center for Private Forests