A hands-on training to incorporate climate change considerations into the Wisconsin DNR Spur Lake State Natural Area management plan.
- Review final adaptation workbook details
- Work to pursue tactics selected for recommendations
- Work with partners to ensure knowledge is gathered and shared on the history of Spur Lake and Wild rice
- Continue using climate lens in other projects!
Pre-work for the workshop:
- Review Non-forested Wetland Adaptation Strategies and Approaches
- Select Approaches that seem important to Spur Lake, using this form: https://goo.gl/Kx1KxU
- Brainstorm potential activities that we as a group could take to engage with tribal communities who care for Spur Lake (use word document to brainstorm ideas)
- Get comfortable with regional climate projections!
- Pre-workshop webinar recording:
Amy Staffen, Wisconsin DNR, and co-chair of the WICCI Plants and Natural Communities Group